2007/12/08

WEDDING PLANNER

"You're the envy of your future sister-in-law Janice... whom I overheard say at the last gown fiitting, " Look at those thighs. I'd kill for Tracy's thighs." This is the first sentence I found very interesting in the movie. You know that "thigh" means the top part of the leg between the knee and the hip.While Mary was saying this sentence to Janice, I could not get the meaning of it.Although, I have comprehended the meaing of that, I cannot explain it to you know:) I will try again and again, and I will write it here, I promise:)

And what about these:
- " Earwax." "X" on a double letter.
-"A" on a triple word. Seventy-two points.
-No, I challenge you. " Earwax" is two words."
-It's one.
- You're bluffiing.

Actually, most of the utterances in the movie were like these. THey were all enjoyable and nice to hear. The sentences were so smooth. I did not have much difficulty while I was watching it. The accents of characters were mostly British English accent. Even if you do not know the meanings of the vocobulary, you can deduct them from them from contexts. NonetheIess, I cannot say that I really recommed you to watch this movie. Anyway, you will like it very much if you ara fun of romance films. I am one of them:) And I always try to watch such kinds of movies. I like them:)
Please, look at this sentence of Steve:)
"Maria, I know I'm a pain in the neck. I just wantyou to be happy." I have not heard such a usage. This is an idiom. And it tells the whole thing. You do not have to know he previous or followng sentences:) You can deduct that Steve is regretful about his behaviors. He knows that he always talks about events and makes comments on the issues:)

When it comes to the story, it is very romantic. Nevertheless, I cannot continue writing before I mention the acting of Jennifier Lopez. She is wonderful. She has done her job perfectly for me. However, I cannot say the same thing for the whole movie.'The Wedding Planner' is one of the most horrendous film experiences I've ever had the immense displeasure to sit through. It starts poorly, gets progressively worse, and treads water for only a few seconds.

Of course, we're expected to appreciate that Mary and Steve are the ones who should really be together, but it's tough to give a monkey's when the pairing is so completely devoid of any sort of spark or chemistry. Mary Fiore has been a dedicated and highly successful wedding planner for five years, effortlessly controlling everything involved in the festivities. In fact, so much of her time is taken up by her profession that romance has been absent from her personal life for two whole years. That all changes when she has a strained meet with doctor Steve Edison, who saves her from a runaway garbage cart. Following a magical night which they spend watching an old movie in a San Francisco park, Mary is appalled to discover a couple days later that Steve is engaged to marry her latest client, Fran. Forced to work with the couple as she plans their wedding, Mary cannot help but fall for Steve, who is likewise beginning to have doubts about Fran being "the one" for him.
The romantic comedy genre is one that you don't really expect to be unpredictable. In almost all cases, the two unlikely lovers end up together in the end. Because of this, it is vital that the film exhibit at least sweetness and entertainment value. You will not find something very different from this. Then, lets watch it and gve your own decision. Perhaps I am wrong:)

No comments: